I strongly believe in an open model for research. The following are software packages that myself and collaborators have written. They may be useful to the community. You may freely use, distribute, and modify them. At the bottom are links to other free photonics, quantum optics, and quantum information software resources that I have used and like.
- Detector Tomography POVM Reconstruction software (in Matlab) can be found here: Right Click and Choose "Save Link As..."
- Use this to reconstruct the POVM element diagonals of an optical detector.
- This is described in Measuring
measurement: theory and practice, A. Feito, J.S.
Lundeen, H. Coldenstrodt-Ronge, J. Eisert, M.B. Plenio
and I.A. Walmsley, New Journal of Physics, 11, 093038 (2009) and Tomography
of quantum detectors
, J.S. Lundeen, A. Feito, H. Coldenstrodt-Ronge, K.L. Pregnell, Ch. Silberhorn, T.C. Ralph, J. Eisert, M.B. Plenio, and I.A. Walmsley, Nature Physics, 5, 27 - 30 (2009).
- Full Quantum Tomography POVM Reconstruction software (in Matlab) can be found here: Coming Soon
- Use this to reconstruct the all the matrix elements (including
non-diagonals) of each matrix in the POVM of a phase-sensitive optical
- The method is described in Mapping Coherence in measurement via full tomography of a hybrid optical detector, Lijian Zhang, Hendrik Coldenstrodt-Ronge, Animesh Datta, Graciana Puentes, Jeff S. Lundeen, Xian-Min Jin, Brian J. Smith, Martin B. Plenio, Ian A. Walmsley, Nature Photonics 6, 364-368 (2012).
- Software to estimate the efficiency of two photon number resolving detectors using a generalization of the Klyshko method: Right Click and Choose "Save Link As..."
- To find the detector efficiencies this software does a constrained least squares fit between the joint detected photon statistics and the expected photon correlations from an arbitrary brightness, multimode twin-beam source. It is a generalization of the "Klyshko Method" to multiple emitted photon pairs.
- Absolute efficiency-calibration of a photon number resolving detector, A. Worsley, H. B. Colderstrodt-Ronge, J. S. Lundeen, P. J. Mosley, I. A. Walmsley, Optics Express, 17, 4397 (2009).
- Matlab code to reconstruct the quantum state of light via the measured difference currents from balanced homodyne tomography: Right Click and Choose "Save Link As..."
- This code uses maximum-likelihood estimation as described in the references in the code introduction.
- Matlab code to plot the Wigner function from a density matrix: Right Click and Choose "Save Link As..."
- Quantum Optics
- Quantavo - A symbolic algebra quantum optics modelling package from my
collaborater, Alvaro Feito. Written for Maple. Described in a paper HERE.
- Quantum Information
- QCWave - A symbolic algebra quantum information modelling package from Frank Tabakin written for Mathematica. This has all the Quantum Computing gates we know and love.
- Quantiki - The wikipedia for quantum information.
- List of Quantum Information simulation software
- LUXPOP - A website containing handy calculators for dispersion, pulse width, etc.
- Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology
- Time-Bandwidth Calculator for ultrashort laser pulses
- Military Handbook 141 - Optical Design
- Optical Waveguide Modeling - A website with lots of links to useful open source modelling code and software
- Laser Safety
- Harvard Laser Safety Course - This is one of my favourites. I make all my students watch the videos.